Today I have a new review for you. It’s Annie’s Way Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brighting Jelly Mask as you read from the title. Maybe some of you already know about the brand “Annie’s Way”, especially if you’re from Taiwan or any Chinese countries. But I know this mask from Bubzbeauty’s vlogs. She said this mask is amazing, especially for brightening and clearing up your face. So when I was in Hong Kong, I decided to give this mask a try.
Annie’s Way Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brighting Jelly Mask. Whitening, moisturizing, minimizes fine line, leaves skin radiantly bright. Suitable for dark and dry skin.
How to use :
– First cleaning face and apply toner on the skin as base
– Apply jelly mask approximately thickness 0.3-0.5 cm evenly by using a spatula
– After 30 minutes, remove the jelly mask by scraping gently, wipe off with tissue and rinse with water
– Apply moisturizer as what you usually use. Use twice a week, or as needed
This jelly mask has 6 variants
From top to bottom, left to right :
– Italy Red Wine Jelly Mask
– Lavender Relaxing Jelly Mask
– Honey Deep Moisturizing Jelly Mask
– Q10 Anti-aging Jelly Mask
– Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brighting Jelly Mask
– Aloe Moisturizing Jelly Mask
I think the packaging is very simple. A big plastic container with a double twist off lid and the spatula included. When I bought this, the spatula was covered by plastic and taped to the jar. Really simple right?
Since I bought the Arbutin + Hyaluronic Acid Brighting, the packaging is blue. The packaging color is different according to the variant, as you can see from the picture above ^^
The spatula is also decent sized. Not too big or small. Just right to fit the corners of my face. But I think I should wash the spatula before every usage, since it doesn’t have any cover and exposed to the air.
The jelly mask is transparent, thus has no color. For the texture, the name already said it. It’s like jelly! Like… gelatin I guess? It’s very easy for me to apply to my face, since it’s not too watery. The scent is okay, a bit chemical-y but not too much. Just decent.
Since the texture is nice and not too thick nor watery, I don’t have any trouble applying it with the spatula.
I use this mask once or twice a week, depends on my skin condition. After I wash my face, using the spatula, I take a pile and apply it on my face. It says that I have to apply the mask with the thickness around 3-5mm, that’s why I’m taking a big pile. And after I spread it evenly, I wait for 30-45 minutes. The fun part is scraping off the mask, it’s like…. I don’t know, I can’t describe it XD
Oh and if there are dry patches on your face when it’s drying, that means you applied the mask too thin. It won’t be able to scrape off. Oh and don’t worry, when it’s on your face it won’t drip off since it’s jelly and not watery.
After that, just rinse it off and I’m done! Rinsing it off takes a bit of time though, and it will be a mess around my sink. After drying my face, my skin feels really soft and supple afterwards. I definitely can see the brighting effect.
Usually I use this kinda amount (the photo below) for half of my face. A lot right?
Overall I LOVE this mask! The packaging is nice and simple, provided with a spatula that is washable and long lasting, not too expensive, it’s easy to use, and I can see the effect after first time using it. I’ve been using it for around 2 weeks, and my skin improved, its brighter than before, and less pimples. The pictures above are mostly taken a few days after I bought it, that’s why the jar is still very full 😀
But since it has to be thick when applied, this product will run out pretty quick. And it’s quite hard for me to get it here in Indonesia. Sooo…. that is maybe the only cons here 🙂
Soooo here’s the conclusion!
- Nice and secure packaging
- Spatula provided
- Nice jelly texture
- Easy to apply without a mess (spilling or dropping)
- The effect can be seen after the first use
- Make my skin brighter and softer
- Less pimple
- Decent scent
- The price is around 200-250k rupiah
- Will be easy to find in China countries, like Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc.
- The product is a lot (250ml) but since I need a pile per application, this will run out quick
- Hard to get in Indonesia